Player Movement General Procedure-
-Contact the MAHA player movement person by email and complete the requisite form
-List the name of the player and the player they are replacing (using full names as on the roster)
-List from what team they are coming from and what team they are going to
-Reason for movement (injury, player going to USHL or NAHL)
-Teams are allowed only 18 skaters and 2 goalies on players on the bench for a game. You cannot move a player up if all your rostered players will be present. Movement is only allowed for injuries or to give players an opportunity to play at the next level
-Not to replace a player serving a Misconduct or Match penalty
-Date of movement and for how many games (each game played counts as one game including tournaments and showcases)
1. Players can only move within their own association
2. 14U can NOT move up; 15 Only can move up to 16 Only; 16 Only can move up to 18U
3. Players using the player movement rule will be allowed to move up for a maximum of 8 games per winter season; no movement after 12/31 of the current playing season
4. Players exercising this option must include all these games in their total game count based on the MAHA game count allowances and cannot be taking a roster spot of a suspended player
The "Player Secondary Team" is the team the player is intending to play up on.
Players rostered in the 15-only classification will still be able to participate at the 16U (16 year old players only) classification per the MAHA player movement rule (VI. M. 1.)
[reference Pilot; Item 3]
9/8/2019: Allowed example- if you have 20 players on your roster and three players are injured, you can move a player up. You are allowed only 20 players on the bench. You cannot move a player up if all your rostered players will be present. Movement is only allowed for injuries or for players to get visibility. It is not allowed for replacing a suspended player.
(h) In the Tier 1 classifications, player movement will be allowed as follows:
(1) Players can only move within their own organization.
(2) 14U (Bantam) may not move up to the 15 Only classification. 15 Only may move up to 16U (Midget) classification
and 16U may move up to the 18U (Midget) classification. Players using the player movement will be allowed to move
up and down for a maximum of eight (8) games per Regular season.
(3) Players moving up and down will not have a 72 hour waiting period, will not need to be released from one team and
added to the other team they are moving to.
(4) Player movement will be allowed up to December 31 of the current playing season except player movement will be
allowed to fill spots of players that move up to a Junior team until the date established by USA Hockey each year.
(5) Players exercising this option must include these games in their total number of games count. Teams and players in
this classification are restricted to a maximum number of games per season. Refer to Paragraph P-1. Players
exceeding this limit will be ineligible to participate in the MAHA State Playoffs.
(6) For player movement tracking, an individual appointed by the State Playoff Committee will be assigned to the Tier 1
category. Teams will submit players moving up and down to this individual. This individual will track how many
games an individual player has moved up.
(7) Coaches who do not report player movement or exceed the maximum number of moves will be subject to
disciplinary actions and suspension of up to one year.
(i) A team may pick up a substitute goalie from within its own